Online TEYL Course: Teach English to Young Learners
The International Teacher Training Organization also offers a 25 Hour Online Teaching English to Young Learners Certificate Course, also well known as TEYL Course.
ITTO’s Online TEYL Certification was designed specifically to meet the ever-increasing demand for qualified English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teachers of young learners in non-English speaking countries around the world. The objective of this 25 Hour Self-Guided Certificate Course is to help you get familiar with the different aspects of teaching English to children, whether pre-school or primary school age, so that you can build a solid foundation and have confidence in teaching this age group. Once you have completed the course, the material will be a valuable resource for years to come! Review the requirements.
Teaching English to Young Learners
With ITTO’s Teaching English to Young Learners Specialty Certificate Program you will:
- Know the main differences between teaching adults and young learners.
- Review different language learning theories.
- Learn about the important role that parents play in TEYL.
- Examine the different learning stages as well as the Multiple Intelligences Theory.
- Discover teaching resources, learn how to adapt textbooks, and create useful materials of your own.
- Discuss critical aspects of lesson planning for young students.
- Study important key tips to follow, along with common pitfalls to avoid.
- Become familiar with various dynamics and useful tips for successfully managing your classroom.
- Explore crucial socio-cultural factors.
- Determine useful assessment guidelines and techniques targeted for teaching children.
- Discover a wide variety of tried and tested examples of English teaching activities.
- Find effective ideas for teaching listening, speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary, and grammar.
- Become skilled at tracking progress, reducing anxiety, and setting your TEYL class up for success!
Included in the course fee of $60 USD (Regular Price: $95 USD):
- Internationally Recognized Certificate.
- 25 hours of downloadable and printable course material.
- Tons of teaching resources.
- 6 months to work at your own pace.
- Live chat administrative assistance.
- Lifelong access to our Grads’ Corner.
- and more!
Note: You must have a TEFL, TESOL, or TESL Certificate to qualify for any Specialty Course. If you do not have one, sign up for ITTO’s Online TEFL + TEYL Courses. Contact us for details.