If you are certain that teaching English as a Foreign or Second Language is for you, take this course, which has the highest qualifications for teaching abroad. Included:
– 8 units with the most relevant topics on English teaching.
– One unit with a grammar and pronunciation refresher.
– 8 practice tasks and a Final Project.
– Self-reflection journals.
– Extra readings.
– Personal Tutor Support.
– Discussion forums where you can exchange ideas with students from around the world.
– This program qualifies you for the Job Offers.
UNIT 1: THE TEACHING AND LEARNING PROCESS
- The English Language
- The Learner & Learning Styles
- Types of Learners
- Characteristics of an Effective Teacher
- The Roles of a Teacher
- Approaches & Teaching Methodologies
UNIT 2: VOCABULARY
- Relationship Between Language Structure & Vocabulary
- The Role of Vocabulary
- Items that Constitute Vocabulary
- Strategies for Teaching Vocabulary
- Games & Activities to Teach Vocabulary
UNIT 3: GRAMMAR
- Why Grammar?
- Problems Teaching Grammar
- Advantages of Teaching Grammar
- Model: Introducing a New Language Structure
- Controlled Practice
- Freer Practice
- Identifying the Stages & Giving Comments.
UNIT 4: THE FOUR SKILLS
Lesson 4A.1 Receptive Skills
- You will discuss aspects related to the receptive skills. You will study some strategies and activities to develop your students’ reading and listening skills.
- Strategies for Reading & Listening: Skimming Scanning, Prediction, Detailed Information, Deduction and Context Clues
Lesson 4A.2 Model: Presentation of a Reading or Listening Activity
- You will analyze a model lesson plan for reading or listening class and will create your own lesson plan based on this model.
- Ideas & Tasks for a Reading or Listening Activity
Lesson 4B.1 Productive Skills (speaking and writing)
- Characteristics of the Productive Skills
- Speaking Activities
- Writing Activities
UNIT 5: CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
Lesson 5.1 Communication
- You will be aware of and will observe aspects related to verbal and non-verbal communication.
Lesson 5.2 Interaction & Grouping
- You will be made aware of different forms of classroom interaction and you will explore ideas of group formation.
Lesson 5.3 Teaching Aids & Materials
- You will be aware and will reflect on some of the advantages and disadvantages of selecting different types of teaching aids to support your class.
Lesson 5.4 Error Correction
- You will identify the differences between error mistake and you will be aware of some techniques to correct errors.
Lesson 5.5 Discipline
- You will be aware of what causes indiscipline in a classroom and how this can be prevented in order to promote effective learning.
UNIT 6: PLANNING
- Essential Ingredients for an Effectively Planned Lesson
- Pre-Lesson & Post-Lesson Check Lists
- Evaluating a Lesson Plan
UNIT 7: GAMES
Why Using Games in the Classroom is Effective
Games and Resources for Language Games
UNIT 8: GRAMMAR & PRONUNCIATION
Basis of Grammar Structures & Phonology
Practical Activities & Suggestions