TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a set of conferences run under the slogan “Ideas Worth Spreading”. TED has always believed that good ideas have the power to change attitudes and lives. With this passionate philosophy in mind, TED Talks was born. In this course, you will learn how TED Talks and TED Ed. will add life to your EFL lessons while you interest your students in relevant topics.
Benefits of using TED Talks in the classroom
Teaching, especially a foreign language, is all about getting students to share their ideas in the classroom. TED aids teachers in bringing these ideas into conversation and debate. TED Talks are more than just an article, a book, or an audio file found in a coursebook. Yes, these resources all contain useful information and vocabulary. However, at their very best, they are not as engaging as perhaps they could be. These are conferences that spark genuine interest and provoke real conversation!
Lesson plans featuring TED Talks can be used to explore authentic and diverse points of view, interesting questions, or even world conflict into classroom discussions. Students may be better able to get into the topic, understand something beyond the language they are learning, and can share their views in an authentic and interesting way. Whether you plan to use original TED Talks or TED Ed. videos, you can find out how to engage students of all ages in your classroom.
This 10-Hour Specialty Certificate Program is divided into the following units:
Unit 1 – What are TED Talks?
TED Talks Introduction and background
2 Benefits of using TED Talks in the classroom
Unit 2 – General Guidelines
2.1 Choosing the right TED Talks for my class
2.2 What you need to know before you teach using TED Talks
Unit 3 – Ideas and Examples for Using TED Talks
3.1 Ideas for speaking and vocabulary
3.2 Ideas for discussion and debate
Unit 4 – Planning a Lesson around TED Talks
4.1 Tips for teaching lower levels
4.2 Lessons to get you started
Throughout the program, you learn to will:
- Integrate your pedagogical knowledge with trending topics to create interesting lesson plans.
- Let your students explore emerging topics in today’s global news.
- Use TED TALKS to support your own teaching approach.
- Design activities supported by TED TALKS to meet specific learning goals and curricular objectives.
- Evaluate your student’s English skills through relevant lesson plans.
- Engage students in top discussions, creating a fun atmosphere for debates.
- and more!
Included in the total fee of $65 USD (Regular Price: $95 USD):
- Internationally Recognized Certificate.
- 10 hours of downloadable and printable course material.
- Tons of teaching resources.
- 6 months to work at your own pace.
- Live chat administrative assistance.
- Lifelong access to our Grads’ Corner.
- and more!
Note: You must have a TEFL, TESOL, or TESL Certificate to qualify for any Specialty Course. If you do not have one, sign up for ITTO’s Online TEFL + TED© Talks Course. Contact us for details.
TED© and TED Talks© are registered trademarks of TED Conferences, LLC. This course and/or certificate is not affiliated, endorsed or approved by TED Conferences, LLC. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.