Virtual Live Practicum Teaching Program – with Tutor:
What´s Included in your Program:
✔ 10 hours of practicum (Virtual-live practicum teaching to real EFL students)
✔ 10 hours of Tutor observation including summative Feedback from your practice hour experience.
✔ 2 Weeks of unlimited access to 40 hours of pre-recorded, classes taught by professional instructors (trainees are required to complete a minimum of 10 hours of class observation)
✔ 25 hours Self-Guided course of extra training on our TESOL TECh® (Tesol Technology) course.
Totally FREE (valued 60 USD):
Through informative lectures, videos, and gadgets (tools) you will learn to:
→ Teach English through technology, for example, teaching online!
→ Discover and use the latest learning platforms.
→ Replace the usual classroom items for devices and customized programs.
→ Keep young learners and teenagers engaged throughout the class.
Graduates of Virtual Live Practicum Teaching Program will receive a 55-Hour TEFL certification!
Graduates of the Advanced 140 hour course + Virtual Live Practicum Teaching Program will receive a 195-Hour TEFL certification!
Graduates of the Standard 120 hour course + Virtual Live Practicum Teaching Program will receive a 175-Hour TEFL certification!
Graduates of the Basic 100 hour course + Virtual Live Practicum Teaching Program will receive a 155-Hour TEFL certification!
Optional: Additional teaching practice may be arranged.
What Our Program Provides:
- Training on how to successfully deliver online lessons.
- Online lessons taught by professional teachers for you to observe for professional development.
- Certificate of completion with the number of hours taught.
- Experience in Teaching English as a Foreign Language through courses online for international high school students.
- Gain instructional experience with distance teaching.
- Full support and feedback.
- The Lesson Plans to be performed in your teaching practices.
- Direction in creating an ESL resume and Cover letter.
- Classes are 1 hour per day, 5 days per week (Mon-Fri).
- Teacher-trainees must sign up for 2 practice weeks.
- A minimum commitment of 10 practice hours is required to participate.
Online Program Overview:
The online instruction occurs in a live video format so that students can interact with their instructor and peers, doing partner and group work and participating in all-class discussions.
You will teach speaking-focused lessons to international high school students. We will provide you with the following:
- How to teach effectively in an online setting.
- 10 hours of Tutor observation including Summative Feedback from your practice hour experience.
- You will have the opportunity to record the lessons, if needed, to allow for self-reflection and/or institutional feedback.
- Additional, recorded lessons taught by professional instructors for your observation (2 weeks of a library of up to 40 hours of pre-recorded, classes taught by professional instructors).
- Partner school will provide a certificate at the completion of your practice experience that includes the number of practice hours completed.
Block B: Monday-Friday, 10:10am-11:10am EDT / 7:10am-8:10am PDT
Block C: Monday-Friday, 11:20am-12:20pm EDT / 8:20am-9:20am PDT
Block D: Monday-Friday, 12:30pm-1:30pm EDT / 9:30am-10:30am PDT
- Deliver well-prepared online English as a Foreign Language lessons to diverse classrooms of international students in a professional and engaging manner.
- Review the curriculum provided by the Partner School to adequately prepare for each lesson; prepare to supplement the curriculum with additional materials, as appropriate.
- Practice appropriate classroom management techniques to ensure a safe, comfortable, and engaging learning environment for all students.
- Complete online training session.
- Take attendance daily.
- Maintain frequent and professional communication with your Tutors.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Enrollment in or completion of teacher training program required.
- Be a Native English Speaker – Non-Native Speakers are also welcome. Non-Native Speakers must have an awareness of language and a competence in English, both written and spoken that enables the trainee to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels which is equivalent to a C1 level on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). All candidates whose first language is not English must be interviewed (a telephone interview may be arranged) and take a language awareness test. Non-Native speakers with the following Standardized Test Scores will be accepted automatically: TOEFL Internet-based: 61 / TOEFL Computer-based: 173 / TOEFL Paper-based: 500 IELTS: 7.0 / Cambridge CPE: 45 to 59.
- Have a University Degree or have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into university.
- Command of Zoom, preferred.
- Command of Google Suite, preferred.
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Webcam (HDD Preferred).
- 4 Mbps download and upload internet speed. (If unsure, Click Here to test internet speed. This link directs to M-Lab third party speed test.)
- Intel i5 processor or equivalent.
- 4GB computer RAM.
- Microphone and speaker (noise canceling headphones preferred).