1. Do I get Visa assistance? Which type of Visa do I need in order to work in Spain?
No, there is no visa assistance. You must have a European passport or VISA to live in Spain
2. Do I have to be an English or Education major to qualify for the Teaching Program?
No. you do not. A High School Diploma is enough but if you are an ITTO online graduate with at least 1 year of teaching experience or a graduate from our onsite course.
3. How many class hours are we supposed to teach in Spain?
You will be teaching between 15-25 hours a week. Each class is 2 hours total.
4. Do European citizens who qualify have to be native English speakers or do all European nationalities qualify?
The only European citizens who qualify are native English speakers (UK or Irish).
5. What are the usual contracts like?
There are no contracts to begin with until you have proved to be a serious teacher. If you prove to be a reliable and great teacher we will then offer a contract for a serious commitment.
6. How do you base the salary?
The salary is ranges from €300-600 per month, depending on how many hours to teach a week.
7. Do I need to speak Spanish in order to teach English in Spain?
No, you will be teaching Conversational English and you must only speak in English.
8. Is it safe in Spain for visitors?
Yes, this is safe in Spain!
9. Does it get cold in Spain?
Yes, it does from December to March.
10. What is the Spanish dress code?
You should dress casually.
11. What are the emergency phone numbers for Spain?
The emergency numbers in Spain are as follows:
062 – Civil guard
091 – Police or 902 102 112.
061 – Health emergencies/ambulance
080 – Fire fighters
092 – Local police
12. What should I bring with me to Spain?
Sunglasses and party clothes!
13. Will I need to get any vaccinations before going to Spain?
The usual for Europe. Visit the following webpage for further info: http://www.iamat.org/country_profile.cfm?id=194#profile_immunization.
14. How much luggage is allowed on an international flight?
Depending on company. Check with the international airline you wish to travel with.
15. How will I get from the airport?
By underground or taxi. Be prepared to pay from 50 to 100 Euros.
16. Is there an age limit?
Yes, we accept applicants who are 45 years old or younger.
Got questions? contact us!