- Native English speaker (preferred).
- ITTO’s 140 Hour Certificate.
- High School, AA, BA, Master’s, or PhD’s.
- Teaching experience (preferred).
- Previous work experience in other fields.
- Microphone and Webcam. Ask for specifications.
- Wired Internet Connection.
- Familiarity with computers and internet.
- Ability to SPEAK SLOWLY and explain things to people who cannot speak ENGLISH.
- Opportunities to earn UP TO $14 USD/hour (including bonuses)
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Lessons will be provided
- Live online 24hour technical support
- Specialized training
- Online training
- Advanced Program + Online Job Offer Included: $295 USD
- Online Job Offer Registration for ITTO Graduate: FREE!
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Online
The demand for English teachers is as strong as ever, and students are looking for cheaper and more alternatives to learn English. At the same time, more teachers are looking for work-from-home opportunities that allow them to set their own hours and rates. Through the internet, the world of language learning is transforming itself to for both students and teachers alike. People everywhere, young and old, are using webcams, headsets, and software such as Skype to communicate with friends and family. So why not use it to teach English too! You can opt for working part-time to earn an extra salary, or work full-time and earn a living wage to live comfortably. If you are interested in working from home or working abroad, contact us today; we have the industry experience and direct contacts to help you to succeed in this growing employment field.
The duties of successfully placed candidates include (without limitation):
- Teaching conversational English as a foreign language.
- Modifying and adapting lessons to meet the needs of the online students.
- Maintaining customer grading/assessment.
- Teaching assigned subjects to assigned classes as per schedule provided.
- Following virtual’s school scope of work, policies and guidelines in relation to their duties.
The Benefits of Teaching English Online:
Teaching Online is perfect for individuals not interested in travelling or for those who want an extra income while teaching abroad!
Some of the advantages of teaching through a computer can be:
- Houly Rate: Having the potential to have a profitable income: You can earn a starting salary of up to $14 USD an hour!
- Chance to travel: If you travel quite a lot, you can always work. Just make sure you have wired internet connection to deliver high quality classes.
- Highly interactive classes: It is next to impossible for your student to be distracted during class since his/her attention is 100% focused on the online conversation.
- Accurate Teacher Feedback: Since you are having a one-on-one conversations with one student at a time you can see their progress and precise understanding of the lesson being taught, as well as his/her reading, writing and listening skills.
- In-depth exercises: As students do not have peer pressure and begin to trust you as a mentor, you can ask them complex questions so you analyze and evaluate critical thinking skills instead of just recall.
- Broad Range of Students: One of the most exciting aspects of teaching through skype is being able to teach students from all over the world, having interesting conversations and research papers. Nevertheless, most online students are Asian.
- Intellectual challenge: Students expect frequent feedback. Be prepared to be organized, easygoing, and a great conversationalist.
- Current Events: One way to teach online is to ask your students’ local events. That way, you are both aware of the day’s news. Having this exchange on cultural events can be both rewarding for your student and for you as an accomplished tutor.
ITTO’s Online Job Offer Program is intended for ITTO’s Certificate holders with a High Pass Grade or above and for native English speakers or non-native English speakers who have perfect pronounciation.
If you are interested in teaching English Online and meet the above mentioned criteria, we will connect you with our partner school to guide you through the job offer process.
Note: If you are already a graduate from ITTO you can apply for the Job Offer Program for FREE!
ITTO’s Job Offer Program does not guarantee a teaching position nor placement. A job offer will be made only when initial requirements are met.
The process will then be followed by an interview if the curriculum matches the requirements for the specific position. ITTO is not acting as an employment agency;
the Job Offer program is solely for the purposes assisting you on your teaching career.
Got questions? contact us!
Start teaching at one of the Top Teaching Destinations!