- Native English speaker or native-like English Level.
- High School, BA, Masters, or PhDs.
- ITTO’s 140 Hour Course.
- English Teaching experience not required.
- UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Ireland, or South Africa passport.
- For childcare positions, experience in baby-sitting required (formal or informal).
- For teaching positions, teaching experience of English as a second language required (formal or informal).
- Salary from €10 – €20 Euros ($13 USD – $25 USD) an hour
- Flexible hours (5 to 20 hours per week)
- Tutor 3-18 year old students (Baby Speaking or Tutoring Program)
- Accommodation and Visa assistance
- French health insurance
- Continuous training program and innovative teaching method
- Advanced Program + France Job Offer Included: $325 USD
- France Job Offer Registration for ITTO Graduate: FREE!
Teaching English in France
Unlike other countries where advanced qualifications are required, the French are more likely to hire native English speaking teachers based on other credentials. For example, you do not need a BA in order to apply for our French job offers, but you do need baby-sitting or tutoring experience to qualify for our programs. Teaching English in France is also possible at a more casual level. If you are not interested in getting involved with a school, college, or corporation, our Baby-Speaking and Tutoring Programs will be perfect for you! Teaching English in France is a wonderful opportunity if you are planning to teach for an academic year (or at least 4 months). It is also an easy way to earn some money while exploring the French culture and language. Besides learning French, you can discover the French culture from a French family perspective. Through this program, you will be trained to an innovative “early language acquisition” method, developed by specialists in child bilingualism. Working as a “speaker” is sharing your English knowledge with a French family / children. When working as a baby-speaker you do not live with the family/families you work for, giving you a freer lifestyle and you get paid by the hour!
It is a rewarding experience in which you can:
- build a relationship with a French family
- learn more about kids and about…yourself
- discover/learn more about a country and a culture
- learn about early language acquisition through the trainings and online material at your disposal
Choose Your Teaching Program
1. Childcare: ‘Baby-speaking’ position
As a baby-speaker, you will be babysitting French children (between 3 & 12 years old) using a method designed to facilitate early language acquisition using a variety of techniques like games or drawing. The usual work schedule is very flexible and you do not live at your student’s home. You can choose the number of hours you want to work according to your availability. You can work between 5 and 20 hours per week. Additionally, you should share your culture and experiences, look after your student and play games… while speaking English! The usual working schedule is Mondays + Tuesdays + Thursdays + Fridays from 4.30 p.m. to 7 p.m. approx. + Wednesday full-day from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. approx.
2. Tutoring/Teaching: “kid-speaking” and “teen-speaking” complementary positions
As tutors, you will be giving one-to-one English classes to French children aged 12 to 18. The usual working schedule is 2-8 hours a week, mostly on Wednesdays or Saturdays. You will be tutoring / teaching English with our innovative method to complete your schedule and assist students with their English activities
A 3 Step-Training:
- On safety (reminder on the ‘fundamentals’ when dealing with children) = only for childcare positions
- Communicating with children with no or low level of English (based on the work we have done with experts in language acquisition)
- Our pedagogy, practical tips (on how to use the material we give you, how to react to given situations…)
Traveling to France
France is definitely one of the most popular destinations in the world! France is actually many people’s dream TEFL destination; ITTO’s 140 Hour Online TEFL TESOL Certificate is a great way to get started on this dream job. Additionally, make sure you know at least some French so you do not get too lonely. Since you do not need French to teach English but will need it to get around, we recommend you take a French Course as soon as you arrive. France has everything that you need or you could ever want to visit: a big city like Paris, charming castles, the largest number of monuments in the world, beautiful beaches, unbelievable mountain landscapes, and more. Traveling and living in France can be a great experience and it does not necessarily need to be expensive or filled with luxury.
Paris is coined as one of the most beautiful cities on the planet; visiting the 986 feet high Eiffel Tower is a must-see-French attraction! Western France looks over the Atlantic Coast. In the north, you can trip to sandy beaches and quiet harbor towns, where you can get an idea of the Celtic past. The Eastern part of France is where some of the most famous wines are produced. Central France hosts many castles, famous cathedrals, gorgeous towns, and is for the most part the quietest part of France. If you are into skiing or summer hikes, The French Alps is a great place to begin. Also, you can find Roman ruins and the Riviera in Southern France. The French population is estimated at 64,102,140 inhabitants and has a high immigration rate. French people are really proud of being citizens of the “Fashion Capital of the World.” They really care about their appearance and other people’s appearance too. They are usually very polite and can be unusually direct too, since they are used to being free to express themselves. If you are fascinated by the French culture, teaching English in France can be a magnificent way to support yourself as you are experiencing their culture!
ITTO’s Job Offer Program is intended for ITTO’s Graduates with a High Pass Grade or above, who are native English speakers holding a passport from the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or South Africa, and with a College or University Degree.
If you are interested in these offers and meet the above mentioned criteria, we will connect you with our job contacts to guide you through the job offer process.
Note: If you are already a graduate from ITTO you can apply for the Job Offer Program for FREE!
This Job Offer Program does not guarantee a teaching position or placement. A job offer will be made only when initial requirements are met. The process will then be followed by an interview if the curriculum matches the requirements for the specific position. ITTO is not acting as an employment agency; this program is solely for the purposes assisting you on your teaching career.
Start teaching at one of the Top Teaching Destinations!