To attend ITTO’s Teaching Practices, you must have finished your 100-140 Hour TEFL TESOL Course.
For the Guaranteed Job Placement in Mexico, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a TEFL, TESOL, or TESL Certificate of at least 120 hours issued by ITTO or another reputable institution. Subject to the review of ITTO.
- Be a native English speaker.
- Be 21 years of age or older, at time of start of assignment.
- Have a 4 year college or university degree.
- Have a valid passport. Although only a tourist permit is required to enter Mexico. Traveling abroad on a passport is always better. A passport is also necessary for processing your work permit, which will be issued by your employer once you are hired.
Important Note: ITTO does not help in ANY visa process. It is the enrollee’s responsibility to research the visa process and issue own visa.
- Applicants must be myriad-minded, flexible, independent, and in good health.
- Must enjoy working with children, teens or adults, at either schools, language centers or in-company.
- Be available to work mornings and/or evenings.
- Submit updated cover letter and resume (C.V). Upon request, we may provide formats for you to adapt your own.
- Be able to commit to a job for at least 6 months.
- Have 5 different options anywhere in Mexico. These must be different States within the Mexican Republic.
- Be aware that some schools may require 2-3 weeks of paid training to learn their curriculum before you actually start teaching real EFL students.
- Keep in mind that we start the job placement process from the day you submit your deposit; nevertheless, landing a teaching job may take up to 4 weeks after graduation, depending on the hiring period and available job offers at that time.